Proxy Connections Enable Abusive Users & Bad Actors
Online fraudsters hide their IP addresses through proxies, Tor nodes, & VPN connections to conceal their location and true identity. IPQS free Proxy Detection service can prevent fraudsters with anonymized or spoofed IP addresses from accessing critical pages of your site, creating headaches such as credit card fraud & chargebacks, fraudulent accounts, advertising click fraud, geo location bypassing, or scraping sensitive content. Users that register or login with anonymized connections, such as with a proxy IP address or VPN, are likely to create duplicate or fake accounts, use stolen credit cards, or perform similar types of high risk behavior.
IPQS Proxy Detection API is the most comprehensive tool online to identify IP address connections with a high probability of malicious intent. Assign IP reputation scores to any click, payment, or user. This includes proxy IP addresses that are open proxies, anonymous proxies, Tor nodes, VPN providers, hosting providers, data centers, spammers, malware & spyware, botnets, residential proxies, and other undesirable shared connections that are highly inclined to engage in malicious activity.
Tap into the most advanced data set for Proxy Detection & IP Address Reputation Scoring. Unrivaled detection rates for residential proxies, compromised devices, anonymous proxies, datacenter proxies, and malicious proxy IP addresses used by the worst cybercriminals & abusers online.
How Does IPQS Proxy Detection Service Work?
Proxy Detection At Its Best
IPQS Proxy Detection service can be queried via an API lookup, through our user dashboard, or by uploading a CSV file. Instantly reduce fraud by tapping into our real-time threat detection. For each lookup, an IP address and other forensic factors of the connection are analyzed to determine if the user is hiding behind a spoofed or anonymized IP, tunneled connection, botnet, or attempting to frequently change their device.
IP reputation scoring is automatically expanded to include VPN detection, residential proxy detection, and all other types of anonymous IP detection. Accurately view risk analysis for all high risk tunnels.
Over 25 data points are returned for each Proxy Detection API lookup to provide a detailed risk assessment of the click, user, or transaction. IPQS threat blacklists are actively maintained and updated in real-time to include the latest emerging threats from hijacked computers, open proxies, residential proxies, botnets, data centers, private VPNs, & other sources of high risk connections.
Older data and retired proxy IP addresses that are no longer threats are frequently purged from our blacklists to reduce the chance of false-positives. We understand how crucial it is to never impact your legitimate traffic and this is one of the many ways IPQS excels against other proxy detection service providers.
- Duplicate & Fake Users - Identify fraudulent and high risk users including fake accounts and duplicate users. Automate user quality with less manual reviews.
- Click Fraud & Ad Fraud - Detect fake clicks from bots and high risk proxies & VPNs in real-time before they can impact your advertisers or eat up precious ad budgets.
- Payment & Transaction Fraud - Prevent chargebacks before they can negatively impact your business. Detect anonymous proxies and identify high risk transactions without losing money to fraudsters.
- Account Takeover - Keep your users safe and prevent cybercriminals from hijacking accounts on your platform with advanced residential proxies.
- Geo Enforcement - Only allow users from certain geographic regions, such as for OTT/VOD streaming services, gaming and casino services, or access to products only available in specific regions. Accurate geo blocking prevents users from bypassing restrictions.
- Bots, Proxies, VPN, & TOR Connections - Easily identify high risk connections likely to engage in fraud with the greatest accuracy in the industry.
- Lead Generation & User Data Verification - Ensure data that you are collecting or purchasing is valid and accurate. In addition to the IP address, other data such as phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, and other user info can be scored for accuracy and assigned a risk profile.
IPQS Proxy VPN Detection Activity
High Risk Proxies & VPNs
New Blacklisted IPs Per Second
Malicious Data Center IP Addresses
IPQS is the Internet's leading source for IP Reputation scoring and data. Identify abusive IP addresses with over 40% greater detection rates and less false-positives than similar services.