Stop Invalid Traffic, Complete IVT Advertising Protection
IPQS provides complete protection against sophisticated invalid traffic (SIVT) methods including residential proxies and automated software that resembles human-like behavior. By combining the leading IP Reputation Intelligence with bot pattern recognition, your ads will never be at risk of suspension for IVT advertising.
Google defines invalid traffic as any click or impression that does not come from a real user or served to a user without a genuine interest in the advertisement's product. Overall ad fraud continues to rise year over year, consisting of over 40% of all clicks online in 2024, and wasting upwards of $7 billion in advertiser budgets per year. Google uses average IVT traffic rates to identify AdSense or AdMob publishers with excessive clicks generated by invalid traffic.
If you have received any of the following error messages then it's likely bots, competitors, or click exchanges are actively clicking your ads:
- In your case, we have detected invalid activity on your AdSense account.
- AdSense account disabled for invalid traffic.
- Invalid traffic concerns.
- Ad serving limited.
Invalid Traffic Explained, Types of IVT Advertising
Since Google has a duty to protect their advertisers from inflated clicks and fraudulent earnings, they will actively suspend Google Ads accounts for adsense invalid traffic or those actively engaging in any type of click fraud. Advertisers tend to notice when low quality clicks are inflating their stats and will request a refund directly with Google Ads or similar pay-per-click (PPC) advertising platforms.
Let's explore the 2 different types of IVT traffic fraud affecting publishers:
- General Invalid Traffic (GIVT) — A less malicious form of IVT ad fraud caused by online web crawlers, search engine spiders, and ad spy tools. GIVT is usually generated without the publisher's knowledge.
- Sophisticated Invalid Traffic (SIVT) — SIVT fraud uses much more advanced techniques such as proxies, adware, and hijacked devices by malware to mimic real human behavior and clicks. SIVT traffic can be so sophisticated that even Google is unable to detect 5%-10% of all SIVT traffic. Incentivized clicks and PPC click exchange programs can also be classified in this category of IVT, however these methods are very quick to be detected by AdSense and AdMob quality control algorithms.
Deploy leading click fraud protection with IPQS by adding just a few lines of code to your site or mobile apps. Real-time filtering for invalid clicks protects your ads from ever being at risk for suspension. Accurately score traffic in every region and automatically prevent ad serving to high risk visitors and suspicious devices.Protect Your Ads From IVT In Minutes
Accurate protection to detect invalid traffic with 10x more affordable pricing and 40% greater detection rates for proxies, bots, and fake clicks.